- This event has passed.
GWO Manual Handling Refresher
February 14 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm GMT£132
The aim is to give the participants awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage positive Manual Handling behaviour.
Perform Manual Handling activities in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) Manual Handling standards.
There are no formal admission requirements but the delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training.
- The importance of carrying out Manual Handling work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location.
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment.
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods.
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
GWO Manual Handling Certificate
Note: All costs are inclusive of VAT.